Sunday, July 17, 2005

Jeremy Quillian

Well, the second trip has begun and it has been far from dull and boring. The team got off the plane and headed straight to Santa Ana. We spend three glorious days there. Not really. We will split up on Monday. Some will head to Choluteca bright and early. We played a soccer game today where the Olympic team practices. We won 8-5. Hoss had a scoreless first half and I let in five in half number 2. The poverty simulation was the worst thing in the world. No sleep, freezing my butt off. I couldn’t sleep so I went and played in the embers of the fire. Sparky saw this and got it going again. The night before we stayed in the Marriot beside Camparos. It was awesome.
To Mom and Dad: The weather has been ridiculous. It has rained every day. Including the day and night we stayed at Santa Ana. Yes, I got my walkie talkies and the money from the Wells. We will be getting home late Sunday night (24th).
To the Wests: Thank you for keeping me in your prayers. Things have been a challenge trying to meet new people and make new friends. God bless ya’ll.
To Allison West: I have no idea how long it will take me to get used to your new name. At times when I hear it, it doesn’t register that they are talking about you. Thank you for the E-mail. I won’t forget ZQ’s soccer jersey. Love ya, Sis.
Mr. Pierson: Thank you sir for the kind letter of recommendation. You have been a great encouragement to me. I am very grateful for the model you have been to me. I would like to get together some time before I leave for school to talk.
Mom and Dad: I love ya’ll and miss you. Can’t wait to come home.
P.S. Dad, have you set up a Dr. appointment for my elbow?