Friday, July 22, 2005

Meleia Ayers

Meleia Ayers
Hey everybody! I hope everyone is doing well. I miss everyone so much. Yesterday and today were hard emotionally and physically. Yesterday we went to a little village to hand out boxes of food we had made the day before. The poverty was unbelievable. There were ¨house¨ made out of plastic, scrap wood, and scrap metal, and were the size of average bedroom. We went into one of the homes and the family had just lost their baby. It was heart breaking. No one in the house had a dry eye. We prayed with the mother, and since my spanish suffers, all I could do was hug her. After passing out the food we went back to the Valley of Angels to finish up VBS. It was the last day and we had a carnival. Mallorie Hutten and I were in charge of making the popcorn. Kids were swarming us for two straigh hours. Today the Woodland Hills group split up all over the place. Erika, Andrea, and Katie went to paint a house that was built yesterday and Noto and Matt went to the orphanage we are going to tomorrow to finish up the fortress of the playground they are building. Everyone else spent the day at a blind school. The kids were amazing. They sang to us and AGAIN everyone was fighting back tears. (Guys too!) Tomorrow our retreat starts after the day at the orphanage. This is my last time to write. We are sad to leave, but excited about church camp. Everyone is sooooo worn out so the retreat is welcomed.
Love everyone, Meleia.
Katie Hillis- Thanks for the email. It was great to hear from you.
All those who I will see at Church Camp, I cant wait.
Kaitlin-I miss you and cant wait to see ya at camp.
Mom, Dad, Mark and Sue- I love you all so much.....
Donna Mars - Thanks for the emails
Regina Brittain - Thanks for the emails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home