Friday, July 22, 2005

Mallorie Hutton

Mallorie Hutton
Hola! (That means hello! Jus Kidding) Well today is Thursday - 3 more days left. Yesterday we had a carnival after VBS. Meleia and I were in charge of the popcorn and right next to us Jack and Katie were in charge of the cotton candy machine. I got to do the cotton candy every once and a while. It was so much fun. It was really insane though. It was like everytime we had enough popcorn we ran out of cotton candy, and vice-versa. By the end of the carnival all four of us were covered in cotton candy residue. But the most amazing thing was that the children were keeping the bags of popcorn not for themselves, but for their families because they needed the food. Today was a very relaxing break. We went shopping for 2 hours then went to a church and sang our praises. My favorite event of the day was visiting the school for the blind. The children were singing and we sang and played with them for an hour. Then a boy named Samuel prayed and spoke to us through a translator. He told us to keep them in our prayers and how glad they were to have us there for that day and he thanked God for us. I was almost in tears. Meleia played with a little girl named Sandra. She was as cute as a button. Anyway, this is my last chance to write, so thank yall for keeping us in your prayers and I will see you soon. Joey - Tell my family that I love them and whoever gets this tell Joey to check it for me please. I love you all very much, Mallorie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home