Monday, July 10, 2006

Messages July 6 - 9

Nolan Grossman
To Everyone
Hey everyone! How are you all doing back in the states? Everything here is great. Yesterday I got to go to the blind school and I saw a boy named Christian that I had met four years ago. He didn’t remember me, but I remembered him and thought it was awesome to see him. Only 6 days into the trip, and I have already witnessed a lot of things that haven’t hit as hard as in previous years as it did this year. I love you all and miss you. See you in a few weeks. Love Nolan.

Rachel Hooper
To Rural Hill and my family
Hey guys! The trip is going so well so far. Our three days in Comayagua were awesome. I was on teams that painted the pediatric wing of a hospital, painted a church, and did a physical therapy clinic. Here in Tegucigalpa, we have already visited the special needs orphanage, the blind school, and the hospital. Thanks for the notes yall have sent and for all of your prayers. Dad, take care of those tomatoes. I’m craving them so bad. Mom, don’t miss me too much. Daniel, hope your interview went well. I miss you all!
Love, Rachel

Addie Spellings
Mom
I hope you get to read this but if you don’t that’s fine too. It is absolutely beautiful here. It is such a shock to see extreme poverty surrounded by such beauty. The people here are wonderful and everyone wants to help in some way. I am making lots of new friends but that doesn’t mean I miss everyone in the states any less. The email from Emmy and from Jenny meant a lot to me, tell them to keep’em coming. I can’t wait till they can experience this with me. I love you sooooo much! Keep me in your prayers. In Him.
Addie

Randi Grossman
Mom and Erin
Hey mom! I’m having a great time! It’s amazing down here as always. Tell everyone that I say hey and that I love them. Tell Angel I miss her. Hey Colleen (haha) told you I wouldn’t forget you. Well love you all! Erin, I miss you so much but I’m still having a great time! I’ve been writing in the notebook for you, I wrote like 4 pages for yesterday. I can’t wait to come to your house its going to be great! Love ya!
Randi

Neil Hillis
Katie,
Thanks for the updates, ven Italia!
Everyone else,
You’re no going to believe what happened! It really hurts.
Mom,
Can Insulin be replaced by water? Love you.

Brian Steffy
Valerie
Hey babe, all is well and moving quickly. Wish you were here. TV cameras were filming Lee Tucker and me at Comayagua Hospital. Wish you were here having fun. Many have asked about you and say hi.
Luv U

Brittany Moore
Dad, Mom, Monica, Marlon
I have been here almost a week. Man it is different. I have tons of pics to show you. Mom be prepared to help me with a scrapbook. See you next Tuesday. Love you all.

Regina Brittain
To Everybody
Welcome to Honduras! That means having a flat tire on the bus going from airport to Comayagua. It also means the exhaust pipe coming off the bus two days later. It means, no ice, no tomatoes, no lettuce. Things have been going very well. I’ve visited 2 hospitals, painted in a hospital, visited a special needs orphanage, visited a nursing home, and helped at a physical therapy clinic. I’ve met very special people at each place. They are beautiful people. The children are amazing. The children are so happy to get the smallest thing (a piece of candy or a small toy). There are many individual Hondurans that have made me realize how blessed we are to be from the USA. We are very spoiled.
Kathy- Thanks for the email. It was great to hear from you. Neil is really great here. He works well with everyone, but especially the kids.
Renee- Things are going well. The Mission House we are staying at is beautiful. The mountains and scenery are something you don’t see at home. Tell Mom and Dad I said I am doing great.
Troy, Denise, Margaret, Booby, Vanessa- Hey you all! Everything is going well. Work hard!
Woodland Hills- I appreciate all of you so much. The opportunity to serve here has been eye opening experience. It shows me how much more I can do to serve people at home.
Lynn- Hope all of you are good. The trip is all I expected and more.
Melia- Your parents were great to have all of us over last Thursday night. The dinner was wonderful. I really enjoyed your grandmother and her hospitality.
Love, Regina

Brianna Steffy
Mom
Hope everything is going great at home. I’m tired and worn out and I’m pretty ready to see my momma bear. Less than a week though so it’ okay. Anyways, yesterday we lugged bricks up this hill, painted a house, and then we played with some kids. I was pretty tired. Then we had our Mi Esperanza thing at night. Okay well Tyler’s annoying and he’s telling me I’m a slow writer so I guess I’m gonna go. Love you. Miss you. Bye

Tyler Hoffman

Hoffman, Nolph, and Anderson families,

Hey everybody, how are you guys? I’m doing good. I was feeling a little sick yesterday but I’m back to normal. We have been working very hard down here so we are all very tired. Well I can’t wait until I get home so I can go fishing. So tell Dan to get that motor running. Well I got to go to devo. See you when I get back.

Love Ty

Doug Lyles

To Elders and members Benton Church of Christ,

The group has been great, as they have served God each day. We have all experienced many things; the hospital, orphanage, Blind School, numerous VBS sessions, and much more. I have been able to experience like never before, the mission which Goad has set before us. My personal love for the Hondurans and our group has grown exponentially. We miss our families and our church Brethren.

Love Doug Lyles

Brian Steffy,

Val,
What a day! It was wonderful getting to talk to you this AM and finding out M.R. was coming. TR was sooo surprised. She walked up right behind him and tapped him on the shoulder. Needless to say, his jaw had to be surgically reattached. Sis and I sat holding some kids at the beginning of VBS and Monaloah then I hel the kids while she performed. You would have loved it! Miss ya bunches XOXO. Finished a house just in time today and its after 8pm and we just returned to the MH. Wish you were here.

Love you always,
Brian

Brett and Judy Mitchell

Hey everyone! We are having an awesome time as usual. It is always good to be back here again. Can’t believe I have to go back to class in a matter of days. We did a PT clinic and worked with some of the kids at the special needs orphanage. We went out to the children’s home with Jenny yesterday, have painted sorted at the bodega and visited the hospital. We are planning on building today. We can’t wait to tell you all about it when we get home. We love you all!
P.S. Dr. Halle, if you’re reading this Anna, Dinah, Dennis, Jeremy, and I may not make it to class Monday morning. We would rather stay here!!

Claire Chesshir
To: Family and Friends

Hola family and friends. So far a bunch has been going on. Wednesday I painted a house in san Miguel and helped with vbs. Thursday we went to santa ana. I saw Nicole and the new little boys. We also painted the floor in the clinic which is all over my hands. Today I am on another house crew. I think we are building in san migel again. Sunday I am getting a manicure by the mi esperanza women. I will message you guys again soon. I love you so much! -claire

Taft Ayers
To: woodland hills folks

Everybody is still doing great. It’s really hard to believe that its almost over…we have seen so much and learned many lessons from the people who we have encountered. I spiritually want to stay here and keep working, but mentally can’t wait to get back to normal and be with our church family before we leave on another mission trip. Meleia, I really did mean what I said about keeping the house clean… I’ll be doing a ten part inspection upon my return. I love you with my whole heart… I am excited about seeing you soon… BONITA! Much love, Taft

David Mars
We are having an awesome experience here, I have loved every day of it. The people of Honduras are so friendly. The work here has been busy and it’s been a great experience. There are so many lessons to learn here. Part of me hates to leave but the other part misses my loved ones back home. Christy I cannot wait to see you. Mo and Dad, I miss you too. To my whole family- I cannot wait to see you again. To Woodland hills, you are so special to me and I really look forward to seeing you all. Hey Nick- you are an awesome buddy. Please tell Ellie I said Hi. Meleia you are wonderful. Thanks for keeping everyone back home informed. Love you all. David Mars.

Kaitlyn Dassatt
Daddy, Jessica, and Manc

Mommy and I build a house yesterday! It was the best day of the trip. It took 6 hours to dig out pure rock, then 2 ½ hours to build the actual house. (moved 40+ tons). We are excited that we’ll see yal guys soon! We love you! Love Kaitlyn and Mommy.
P.S. Manc have a great time watching UFC- think of me! GO ARLOVSKY!

Nolan Grossman
To: Everyone

Hey again everyone! The first trip is winding down with only a few days left. I just want to tell you all that I miss you and I love you! It has been awesome trip. I just got asked to help unload a truckfull of food so I have to cut this shrt. Mom, I have all my books for college paid for. I’ll explain when I get home. Tell Kayla I said hey and that I miss her too. See you in a couple weeks! Love you all! Nolan

Ed and Kathy Nicholson
To: Friends and Family!

MADE IT!!! Glad to be on the ground again. Getting settled in and having a great time. Lots of work ahead… we will be out on a construction team today for a house in honor of Julia’s parents. Lauren, Aimee, Britty- We Love You- Take care of grandmother. Write us soon. Love Mom and Dad.

Margaret Reeves
Nate and Ty and All

The 1st few days have been great! I know I was supposed to come earl;y! Had a wonderful day at Good Shepard and then Jovenes yesterday. Three kids who want to come home with me! Names are written on my heart. Today at Jen Wright’s place in Santa Anna. See you in a week. I’ll try to call Sunday. Love and kisses, Margaret.

Ross Vego
To: Tammy and Friends

So the trip is almost over and by the time everyone sees this I will probably be home. Well once again it has been a wonderful trip and much good has been done. For the millions who are awaiting my arrival I will be home Monday at 10. Ross

Zach Groves
To Leslie and cindy groves

Hey guys. It’s Thursday morning and I just ate pancakes and peanut butter. How awesome is that! I’ve been doing fine we just started another VBS up in a mountain so that’s really fun. I just got my laundry done so I do have clean underwear. I love you both and will see you next week. Love Zach.

Matt Mitchell
Parents- James and Jenny- I miss you guys a lot. Today was a very physical day, but breaks with Honduran soccer helped! Jenny I finally will write you something… Hey. Anyways make sure (dad and mom) that ya’ll know how tight my schedule is after Honduras and have the money ready. Love ya’ll!
Em-Don’t forget about our “special date when I get back! I still miss you a lot!!!! But it comforts me to know that everyday is one closer to you and I don’t care if the whole world knows that!!! Love ya

Matt

Preston Pinson

Hello family!! I love you guys. This is the most amazing trip I’ve ever been on and I can’t wait to see you.
Jenny- can’t wait to see you. I’m getting you something really cool. I hear you have been eating Taco Bell and I’m jealous.
Emily-I love you and I miss you. I hope things are going good for you. I can’t wait to see you in Cairo!
Sam-Thanks for the note. You will get something very cool from Disney World. I love you!

Jessica Prosek

Hey Kim,
Yes it has been raining here, a lot. We have a few days left, and I an come home and tell you all about it. I’m glad you got to keep Viv. Tell Erica I said hi too. I am very tired, it has been none stop sense we’ve been here. But that is ok. Did you know everything is very pretty in some places. All the houses are on top of each other on hills. I am having so much fun, well I am going to go, I will call you when I get back in the states. After I call my mom. Well, Bye!!
Love ya
Jessica

Hey mom, I am almost done, and I can come home. It is very fun here. This will be the last letter I can write you, but I am doing ok I’m very home sick but I have a lot of fun here. I got your letter and Kim’s too. Well I have to go. I love you and miss you. See you back home.

Love you
Jessica

Tiffany Hudson

To Family and John:
Hey! We arrived here and are already working hard. Yesterday we visited a children’s hospital. My group visited children with cancer. It was sad but I enjoyed spending time with them. I met a special girl named Daniella. I was happy to hear she was going back home soon. Today we’re going to build houses and paint a local church. It’s evident that God is doing great things here. I’m excited to see how He’ll use me. I love you all!! John, I love and am always praying for you and for these next weeks of Camp Joy.

In Christ
Tiff
P.S. It’s Troy’s Birthday!!

Brian Steffy
Valerie,
Can’t believe our time is coming to an end soon. After worship Tomorrow we head to Copantl (the hotel) near the U.S. Ambassador’s residence. Sis and I were talking about our ride home, counting our clean clothes and preparing to pack. We are drumming up visitors for the next youth rally. Wish you were here, we brought the Didasko kids to Teguc. and had a part and BK then returned to M.H. to spend the afternoon wit them. Sunday, sis will be @ Mi Esperanza being pampered then rest at the hotel. Not sure what Monday will hold, will have to wait and see what our small group wants. Love ya bunches and miss ya lots.
Love U
Brian

Brianna
Mom,
Hey there! Heard you got to talk to dad the other day. That’s good. Hope Lucky and Mazy are being good. On Friday we went to two orphanages and I met a little boy named Anthony and e was really cute. I’m really tired. I’m ready to be home, too. I don’t think there should be a retreat, I think we should just fly home tomorrow (Sunday). Well anyways, I thinkg we are going to that cathedral tonight to sing so we probably won’t get home til 10 or so. Pat wanted me to tell you to get Robin’s e-mail address and sent it to me, but you might just want to sent it to him because I might’ve left by the time I get you msgs. Well, tell Jason that I said hi and that I miss hem so much and I can’t wait to talk to him. Okay, I miss you mommy.
Love you Bye

Danny Thomas

Nancy, Jake, Britty, Mom, and Dad,

We arrived safe and sound on Friday. Travel was smooth and without a glitch. God’s good! The airplane landing is still too incredible to describe. It’s like being in a video game flying between houses. We went directly to a local hospital and visited with children. They were so sweet and sad, but a little girl named Naomi totally melted my heart. Her little 5 yr old smile lit her face and the room of children. We are blessed beyond compare. Saturday was a long, hard work day. Our group painted a church building and built two houses. The setting for the houses is awesome, on a hillside with cloud capped mountains as the backdrop. E-mail Mrs. Trippe that Ethan is giving his Spanish a good work out. He had all kinds of little buddies holding his hand, trailing him, and chattering up a storm. Last night we had a sing at the very old Cathedral. The singing was beautiful and heart felt. It touched everyone and there were few dry eyes. We truly felt that we were in the presence of God. Well, it is early, early Sunday am, the sun is about to come up and the rooster is crowing. Another day of adventure.

All our love Danny and Ethan

Claire Chesshir

To Everyone

Well Howdy!! Let’s see what is new in Honduras. Friday the S.C. group came in. They are pretty awesome. Friday I also built a house. Well, first we tore down a house and then we built one. It was an awful site. There was a cliff/hill on one side about 6 inches form the house and the other side was dug into a mountain side. We built it for a 16 yr old girl that had a two yr. old girl that was awesome. Saturday we went to BK to hang our with the Didasko kids on a field trip to the city. Then they came up to the mission house and we just played games…mostly soccer. Saturday night we went to the chapel in Santa Lucia. It is the oldest standing church in the Western Hemisphere. It’s cool. Well we are about to have church. Love times a million.

Claire