Friday, July 14, 2006

July 13-14 messages

Claire Chesshir
To Everybody

Hey everyone! I miss you guys a ton and a half. The south Carolina group is here and a new group is coming Friday. The next group is rumored to be tons of fun. Sunday after I updated my other blog at the mi esperanza house italy won the world cup and I went to valley of angels and walked around. I didn’t buy anything because I was having fun bartering, oh and I bought a papusa. That night was the last devo with the my first group. I cried. They were all such awesome people. Monday I helped pour and mix concrete at San Miguel. Nicole T. and Randy came so it was lots of fun. That afternoon a couple people went up the hill to finish putting tin on a house from Saturday that the other group didn’t finish. We also saw the future site of a day care. Tuesday morning I got on the bus headed to Nuevo Oriental to build. There were way to many people and the site was great by torch standards so we were pretty much done at 2 and left close to 3:30. I did the roof with a couple of men. That is always fun. Wednesday I went back to San Miguel with Randy, Nicole and a couple of people from Torch to pour more concrete. I carried two 90 pound bags of concrete up the hill. Then we had a wedding there that afternoon. A man and his wife went to that church and the man wanted to be baptized but because he and his “wife” weren’t legally married he knew he was living in sin and wanted to change that. So they were legally married and then he was baptized. (the wife was already a Christian)(marriage here is very $$$ and some people don’t have birth certificates so it is really difficult too) It was awesome. Then we stopped by wendy’s on the way back in town and I got a cheeseburger, 10 chicken nuggets, fries and a diet coke. (I only ate 6 chicken nuggets though). We went to the Jesus statue for devo. I watched an electrical storm. Other than that I’m not sure if anything exciting has happened. I did laundry for the first time. I have so many clothes. It’s fabulous. Dinner has been ok, I have a stockpile of Ramen noodle cups though. Thanks for the emails, keep them coming. Love to infinity and beyond. –Claire ps If you heard about the bus accident in Tegucigalpa, don’t stress it wasn’t a torch bus.


Emily Holton
Anna, Tuechonns, Mel

We are doing great. We weren’t in the bus accident. This place is amazing. Keep praying for us. I miss yall and I can’t wait to get home and show you my pictures and tell you about it. Love, Emily.

The Holton’s
To: Friends and Family

What a week! And we’re just half way. We’ve done so much and experienced so much. Our group is fantastic with focus coming out like you would not believe. We’ve enjoyed terrific singing at our devotionals. Today is Thursday. Yesterday we had our last VBS at the church in valley of angels. Our medical clinic was at the church and saw over 200 people, we also had a crew painting the outside walls of the building. We believe our effort will be a great asset to the local church. The minister, his family and his father-in-law were there meeting the locals every day. Last night we went to the Jesus statue and we had our devo overlooking Teguc. It’s a little rainy this morning but we’ve got one house to build, some concrete work to do, and food distribution. We also paint as many houses as possible. Hope all is well back home! Love Chip, Julia, and Kids.


Ethan Thomas
To Mom Jake Grams Popa

It is Wednesday and hard to believe the the trip is halfway over. I have been in VBS the last two days. I think I have found my calling – Monday I was a spy, Tuesday I was Goliath ( on Aaron’s shoulders). Today I will be Jonah. Dad has built houses the last two days. Their work has gone great. They have four houses done now and one more to go. They may get to go back and paint some of them. Oh, they LOVE the windchimes! It is like the center of attention. Well gotta go get swallowed by a big fish! Love, Ethan.

Jaclyn Nichols
Family Friends

Hey! I’m sorry I haven’t been able to write but its been really busy. The plane ride down here was great and I’ve been having an awesome time. Already I met a little girl that I wish I could bring home with me. I can’t wait to get home and tell every single detail of the trip. By the way, Dad is doing just fine and I’ve been taking good care of him and myself. I love all of you so much and I can’t wait to see you soon. Love Jaclyn.


Troy Wahr

Melinda Wahr, Jessica Wahr

Great news about Haylee Ping. We are very busy here. The 1st real work day Julia Dial and Crystal Thomas really impressed me with their hard work. It kinda remainded me of Jen Arnold and Katie last year. No matter the task or how dirty, they went to work with a servants heart. The first day of VBS I used a lesson that I use out on post. We had one guy say he wanted to be baptized and they scheduled if for Sunday. When we walked out on the porch there was a lady thumbing thru the Bible and they set up a study with her. Justin is doing good. Crystal and Sierra say Hi and thanks for remembering them in you prayers.

Love ya
Troy