Monday, July 17, 2006

July 15-16 Messages

The Hudson Family
Troy W. Hudson

Hello all, just wanted to let you know that we are all doing great in Honduras! All are healthy, well and working hard. So far we have been building houses, vacation bible school, house-painting, visited an orphanage, a pediatric hospital and have experienced a whole new way to drive- Honduras bus drivers are a special breed- for example one of our driver’s nicknames is “Loco.” We have seen some human conditions that have shocked us and some views that have awed us. We have done our best to serve these good people our best to serve these good people with a heart for God- loving our fellow man, the way Christ has led us to do. Thank you for your prayers and taking care of the estate (sandy). We love you all! The Hudson Family.

Troy A Hudson (with a little t)

My friends (ie lauren), I am glad I finally have a chance to share with you some words from Honduras. I’ve been very busy working and writing so fast, and I expect that will continue. To this point I have served in many different ways I wasn’t expecting, and I’ve been speaking a lot of Spanish. Or more precisely, I’ve been speaking a little Spanish a lot. I miss you, Lauren, but I wish you could be here and see this incredible country with me. It is spectacularly colorful and the sky is full of the most beautiful clouds. The people here have such wonderfully kind hearts and there are even some children who have put our team to shame with their hard work. I’m keeping a record of everything so I can share this with you when I come home. Hang in there; I’ll return soon with lots of stories and probably lots of sunburn. Oh, and I have been very careful. I love you and I miss you and America. I carry your note with me everywhere. With love, troy.


Julia
rdial@sc.rr.com

Roger, I wanted to let you know we are all fine. Tomorrow is our last day in Tegucigalpa then we go to Comiyagua Saturday morning. We’ll be distributing food tomorrow I think. I don’t think we will have email available once we leave here, but the hotel might have it. I miss you. Wish you could be here to see how excited these people are when they get their house. See you soon. Love Julia.

Adrian
Laura

I have been very busy. I miss you very much. Hope all is well in Columbia. I’m anxious to hear about your interview and how that went. See you soon. Love you. Love Adrian.


Ethan Thomas
Mom, Jake, Grams, Papa

Hey guys its me, well yesterday I helped build a house. And the day before yesterday I was Jonah and I had a lot of lines but it was still fun. I made a friend yesterday and gave him my watch so I’ll need a new one because I keep looking at my wrist and no watch. Oh I just realized I didn’t tell you what day it is, it’s Friday. Well I gotta go eat breakfast so bye-bye. Love, Ethan.


Ed and Kathy Nicholson
Familia y Amigos!

I can’t believe this week is wrapping up. In some ways it has been lightening fast and in others – its seems like we’ve been gone for a month! Lauren, Aimee and Britty, we miss you soooo much and can’t wait to se you!!! The medical team had great success. The Lord blessed us with an almost bottomless supply of meds even though I thought we’d never have enough. Almost 300 patients later – he proved me wrong. Today is another construction day. I’m getting used to these work boots Lauren, but I think they will have to be left behind – major yuck. Once again, we thank you for your prayers and support See you Sunday – pray for our safe and boring, uneventful, flight home. God is Good! Ed and Kathy!


Julia Holton
Family and Friends

Wow, what a busy week. Haven’t had much time to write. This week we’ve had a 3 day VBS, 2 day medical clinic, build 5 houses, poured concrete and painted houses and the church building. The medical clinic was a great success and Heather and I enjoyed working as pharmacists. Chip and Beau and Ben have been busy doing heavy duty work like construction, concrete, and painting. It’s been a great week but very draining. We’re having a great time. Heather and Beau have really fit in well with our group. We’re so glad to have them a long. They are very hard workers. Time for devo so I must go. Please continue to keep us in your prayers. We love you! Chip and Julia.


Danny Thomes
Nancy, Jake, Mom, Dad, Kim Gist

It is Friday morning. Kim sorry I am slow on the update. I think the internet connection is touch and go. We received our messages on Wednesday. Tyler arrived safe and sound. His bags got here a couple of days later. He is doing great! I made sure he called you yesterday to let you know he was alive. Family, we have missed you so much! We are anxious to see you and tell all our stories. Wednesday night we went to the Jesus statue that overlooks the city. What an awesome place for worship. We prayed over the city and for the work being done there. Great singing! This is probably the last message we can send out. Tomorrow we leave for Comiagua (sp?) and I don’t think we will have the web access. We have had a blessed week. All 5 houses are complete, several more painted, much work at the churches and VBS and medical clinic. No one has been seriously sick. God is SO good. Love to all! Danny.


Tyler Gist
Family - Kgist@alltel.net

Hey, sorry I haven’t sent you an email yet but I called and left a message on the phone. We’ve been busy all week and I just haven’t remembered. Today we are going to distribute food boxes to one of the towns, so I’m fixing to have to leave to do that. My luggage was left in Houston with 67 other bags that were supposed to be on my plane but I got the bag Tuesday night. I’m having a great time and I know yall would enjoy it if yall come. We are going to another town to stay tomorrow so I don’t know if I’ll get to send another email or not but I’ll be home in 4 days. Love Tyler.


Lindsay and Andy Wiggins
Friends and Family

Hola! We only have a few more days left. It will be hard to leave here. We have had a great trip! Andy has been building a lot. He works so hard! Yesterday we gave out food in an area called Nueva Oriental. It is so sad how little people have here, it is hard to comprehend. We also went to a Blind School yesterday and I made a friend name Lillian. She was 19 and very sweet. I didn’t want to leave. All the blind children sang to us and it was so beautiful! Very emotional, but I guess this whole trip has been. The sweetest children you will meet are here. You find friends everywhere you go, the children grab your hand and follow us the whole day. The medical Clinic me and mom helped with saw over 200 people the 2nd day and like 65 the 1st day. There is so much need here. Simple stuff we take for granted. In the USA we take so much for granted. I look forward to seeing everyone but we will miss it here! We love all of you! God is Good! Lindsay and Andy Wiggins.


Kevin Cline
Mom, Dad, Kristy, Zoe, Aubbie, and Amy

Hey guys. I made it here safe and I am having an incredible time. The country is so beautiful that you will never believe me unless you were here. We do have Coke and other American products that are safe to drink so I am not starving. The facility is gorgeous and I love all the people here. We are not doing Hard work yet but I know that it is coming. Tell everyone that I love and miss them to that I am not starving or sick yet. I love yall so much and I will keep in touch. Love, Kevin. P.S. I wish I had packed more cameras because I already used half of them. (lol)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home